Thursday, December 21, 2006

A Word About Demography

A few posts back I slapped together some quick population maps of southern Loudoun. In case you don't know they're basically useless. Most of the open land in the area I've been plotting points in has vanished. Whole communities with shopping centers, schools, and soon a hospital have taken over the rural scene.
I used 2000 Census data for my data. There is no American Community Survey data available for this area for last year. Thus, my numbers are woefully off. I'll refrain from demographics in the future except when it's useful to show change over time.
Also, look closely, on those demographic maps and you may notice my projected Loudoun County shapefile sticking out from under the census polygons-sloppy work, but then Blogger makes maps look bad anyway so whatever.
Oh, by the way, all the maps look much better if you view them on their own. Click 'em and see.

No comments: